Inventor of Lambrini dies of alcohol poisoning

Multi millionaire John Halewood, 64, nicknamed “Mr Lambrini” after the sparkling wine girlie drink he launched, who was found dead in the swimming pool area of his Cheshire mansion last October, died from the effects of excessive drinking.

Cheshire coroner’s court was told that the entrepreneur – who left a vast £175m fortune accumulated from his self-named global drinks empire had heart problems that were made worse by his drinking habits. Witness statements said he drank a bottle of wine a day.

Almost a non drinker by European standards then.

Mr. Halewood had been warned by his doctor a year before his death that his alcohol intake was “damaging his health”.

Alcohol intake? Obviously it wasn’t his own stuff he was drinking.

One thought on “Inventor of Lambrini dies of alcohol poisoning

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s