Coackroach Eating Champion Dies.

For many years Boggart Blog has been established as the news organisation that reports the stuff you really want to know about, like Tommy Cooper appearing in a pie or the launch of a degree course in Macology, the science of burger flipping. We also shun the boring mainstream sports and report on activities in which the Corinthian spirit still prevails. We are the only British news site to bring you reports of the World Mobile Phone Throwing Championships and the World Hot Dog Eating Championship And now we are pround to be the only British news blog to carry on our front page a report on the World Cockroach Eating Championship which was held last week in Florida. And it shows the willingness of contestants in fringe sports to put their lives on the line in a way that the big money stars of football, golf, tennis or tiddlywinks never would.

About 30 contestants ate the insects during Friday night’s contest at Ben Siegel Reptile Store in Deerfield Beach, about 40 miles north of Miami. The grand prize was a python.

The winner of the main cockroach-eating contest, Edward Archbold, died shortly after downing dozens of the live bugs as well as worms.

Archbold, 32, became ill shortly after the competition ended. He collapsed in front of the shop as crowds were making their way home, according to a Broward Sheriff’s Office statement released on Monday.

The Champ was taken to hospital where he was D O A. Authorities are waiting for results of an post-mortem examination to determine a cause of death. Eating cockroaches is a likely candidate.

Amid calls from the Politically Correct Though Police for all sports involving eating live animals to be banned and for cockroaches to be given equal rights with humans the organisers were forced to defend their venture.

“We suspect foul play, there are no lengths to which these equal rights people will not go in order to stop others having fun,” a spokesman said.

“Unless the roaches were contaminated with some bacteria or other pathogens, I don’t think cockroaches would be unsafe to eat,” said Michael Adams, professor of entomology at the University of California at Riverside, adding weight to suspicions.

“Some people do have allergies to roaches but there are no toxins in roaches or related insects.”

None of the other contestants became ill, the sheriff’s office said. “We find this unbelievable and suspect some kind of cover up is going on. What normal person would not be ill after eating live cockroaches?

Health Shock! Scientists Discover Coffee Contains Addictive Drug

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s