He’s not a doctor, he should not be giving medical advice screamed the media’s left wing wankerati, going on to spew spiels of irrational hate speech against Trump and decrying this previously unknown and untested drug as dangerous, useless and a quack remedy.
Hydroxychloroquine, or HCQ is neither dangereous (except to the extent that any drug is dangerous if not used properely,) or new. Formerly known as Qunine and before that as The Jesuits Bark, it has been part of western medicine for 400 years (and used by South American tribal healers long before that,) and it is on the World Health Organisation’s list of essential medicines. Furthermore, as we have previously reported, in countries where news media is not controlled by Trump haters, it is proving highly effective as a treatment (NOT a cure,) for the Chinese coronavirus.
Yale epidemiology professor Harvey Risch has hit back against critics who say he’s been the subject of personal attacks over his insistence that hydroxychloroquine is highly effective in treating COVID-19 if administered early in the disease’s progression.
In a Washington ExaminerOp-Ed, Risch writes that the pushback against his advocacy for the drug has been “furious.”
Dr. Anthony Fauci has implied that I am incompetent, notwithstanding my hundreds of highly regarded, methodologically relevant publications in peer-reviewed scientific literature. A group of my Yale colleagues has publicly intimated that I am a zealot who is perpetrating a dangerous hoax and conspiracy theory. I have been attacked in news articles by journalists who, ignorant of the full picture, have spun hit pieces from cherry-picked sources. -Harvey Risch
Risch says the personal attacks are a “dangerous distraction from the real issue of hydroxychloroquine’s effectiveness, which is solidly grounded in both substantial evidence and appropriate medical decision-making logic.”
He adds that there a no studies – published or in pre-print – which disprove his theory that HCQ should be used on high-risk outpatients, and that “assertions to the contrary, whether by Faucci, the FDA, or anyone else, are without foundation. They constitute misleading and toxic disinformation.”
Covid-19 has ‘two main stages’ according to Risch, and HCQ works well in the first, but not the second, later stage of the disease:
At the first stage, it is a flu-like illness. That illness will not kill you. If you are a high-risk patient and begin treatment immediately, you will almost certainly be done with it in a few days. When not treated, high-risk patients may progress. The virus then causes severe pneumonia and attacks many organs, including the heart. In this second stage, hydroxychloroquine is not effective.
So, as Risch points out, it’s important to distinguish which patients HCQ works best for; “Does it not work in those who have just started to have symptoms, or those sick enough to require hospitalization?”
Secondly, Risch notes that most low-risk patients, those below 60 with no underlying comorbidities, typically survive without treatment. High risk patients are those over the age of 60, or those with chronic conditions such as obesity, diabetes, hypertension, and immunocompromised individuals.
Starting today with a post from the USA, because it backs up our suspicions that the sudden upsurge in alleged “Coronaviris deaths” reported inthe latest statistics looks very suspecious. You’d expect a steady climb in deaths from COVID – 19 as numbers of confirmed infections increased, not a sudden leap several weeks into the pandemic. Hmmmm – over to the conspiracy theorists:
The Real COVID-19 Mortality Rate Is 25-60x Less Than Governments, Media Claim
SouthFront offers a scientific-based survey providing an in-depth look at the real death toll statistics and the spread of SARS-COV-2.
1. The research issued by the Bonn University Hospital
The research issued by the Bonn University Hospital and made by the group of scientists including Prof. Dr. Hendrik Streeck (Institute of Virology), Prof. Dr. Gunther Hartmann (Institute for Clinical Chemistry and Clinical Pharmacology, Spokesman for the Cluster of Excellence ImmunoSensation2), Prof. Dr. Martin Exner (Institute for Hygiene and Public Health), Prof. Dr. Matthias Schmid (Institute for Medical Biometry, Computer Science and Epidemiology).
In the framework of the research, all residents of Germany’s Gangelt were tested on the existence of SARS-CoV-2 infection and antibodies to SARS-CoV-2.
Gangelt is one of the most COVID-19-affected German municipalities. It is believed that the outbreak was caused by the carnival held on February 15, 2020. After the event, several people tested positive for SARS-CoV-2.
Preliminary result: the existing immunity was determined at about 14% (IgG against SARS-CoV2, method specificity>, 99%). About 2% of people had current SARS-CoV-2 infection detected by the method of polymerase chain reaction (PCR). The overal infection rate (the presence of a current infection or antibody in the body) was about 15%. The mortality (mortality rate), based on the total number of infected people in the Gangelt community, is approximately 0.37% based on the preliminary data of this study. The mortality rate based on the total population in the Gangelt is currently 0.06%.
2. A new Epidemiological bulletin from German Robert Koch Institute
A new Epidemiological bulletin from German Robert Koch Institute – “Estimation of the current development of the SARS-CoV-2 epidemic in Germany” issued on April 15 confirms that:
“in general, it is true that not all infected people have symptoms, not all who has symptoms go to a doctor’s office, not all who go to the doctor are tested and not all ..who test positive are recorded in a survey system. In addition, a certain amount of time passes between all these individual steps, so that no data collection system, however good, can make a statement about the current infection process without additional assumptions and calculations.”
Thousands of UK healthcare workers given inaccurate Covid-19 tests, minister admits
Junior health minister Helen Whately told Sky News on Wednesday that NHS staff have been informed that their coronavirus tests were “not up to scratch” and results may not be accurate. They have now been offered a new test.
At least 100 frontline health workers have died from Covid-19, according to the most recent figures. Defending the serious error, Whately claimed it was all part of a “normal process when you are using a test for an illness.”
My understanding from the clinical advisers is some of the early tests were evaluated and the evaluation was actually they weren’t effective enough.
NHS workers who have already tested for #coronavirus have been informed their test results might have been inaccurate and will be offered a new test, a health minister has said.Read more on this story here: https://t.co/jV0Ill7z9Xpic.twitter.com/NCLwCidtbN
— SkyNews (@SkyNews) April 22, 2020
It comes after Health Secretary Matt Hancock – who has promised 100,000 tests by the end of April – recently claimed that “no test is better than a bad test.”
Editor of openMedia James Cusick <a href="https://slack-redir.net/link?url=http
s%3A%2F%2Fwww.opendemocracy.net%2Fen%2Fopendemocracyuk%2Fexclusive-nhs-using-flawed-covid-19-test-missing-25-of-positives%2F” target=”_blank” rel=”noopener noreferrer”>reported on Monday that a leaked Public Health England (PHE) document seen by openDemocracy warned that the flawed tests had failed to detect up to 25 percent of positive Covid-19 results … Continue reading >>>
Coronavirus Lockdown and What You Are Not Being Told – Part 1
We have been given a very clear narrative about the declared coronavirus pandemic. The UK State has passed legislation, in the form of the Coronavirus Act, to compel people to self isolate and practice social distancing in order to delay the spread of SARS-CoV-2 (SC2). We are told this “lockdown”, a common prison term, is essential. We are also told that SC2 has been clearly identified to be the virus which causes the COVID 19 syndrome.
At the time of writing SC2 is said to have infected 60,733 people with 7,097 people supposedly dying of COVID 19 in the UK. This case fatality ration (CFR) of 11.7% is seemingly one of the worst in the world. Furthermore, with just 135 people recovered, the recovery rate in the UK is inexplicably low.
Some reading this may baulk at use of words like “seemingly” and “alleged” in reference to these statistics. The mainstream media (MSM) have been leading the charge to cast anyone who questions the State’s coronavirus narrative as putting lives at risk ... Continue reading >>>
More news on the pandemic at Fear and Panic
We’ll be posting the usual off – mainstream news updates later but the priority today is our need for something to make us smile.
Most of us are confused about the rules we’re supposed to follow during lockdown, and no one more so that the thick, blundering plod who seem to think they should be arresting people for buying non essential stuff like food, roughing up people who are sitting in their gardens, or kicking fron doors down and busting up illicit social gatherings of one person sitting alone in his house.
So here, courtesy of my Texan friend Vic Damico, is a concise summary of the rules, which makes what you can and can’t do clear as mud (slightly edited for UK readers.)
The Lockdown Rules:
1. Basically, you can’t leave the house for any reason, but if you have to leave for some reasons, then you can.
2. Masks are useless, but maybe you have to wear one, it can save your life but it is useless, but maybe it is mandatory as well.
3. Shops are closed, except for those that are open. which cannot accept cash. Also you cannot use your debit / credit card with your pin because PIN numbers spread the vaccine so if you are one of those smart arses who disabled their contactless feature to stop government agencies and Silicon Valley tech billionaires tracking you, you’re fucked.
4. You should not go to hospitals unless you have to go there. Same applies to doctors, you should only go there in case of emergency, provided you are not too sick.
5. This virus is deadly but still not too scary, except that if we don’t follow the rules it will actually lead to a global disaster.
6. Gloves won’t help, but they can still help.
7. Everyone needs to stay HOME, but it’s important to GO OUT but if you go out you might be arrested but you might be arrested at home for hosting a social gathering while alone.
8. There is no shortage of groceries in the supermarket, but there are many things missing when you go there in the evening, but not in the morning. Sometimes.
9. The virus has no effect on children except for those it affects.
10. Animals are not affected, but there is still a cat that tested positive in Belgium in February when no one had been tested, plus a few tigers here and there…
11. You will have many symptoms when you are sick, but you can also get sick without symptoms, have symptoms without being sick, or be contagious without having symptoms.
12. In order not to get sick, you have to eat well and exercise, but eat whatever you have on hand and it’s better not to go out, well, but no…
13. It’s better to get some fresh air, but you get looked at very wrong when you get some fresh air, and most importantly, you don’t go to parks or walk. But don’t sit down, except that you can do that now if you are old, but not for too long or if you are pregnant but also old or male).
14. You can’t go to retirement homes, but you have to take care of the elderly and bring food and medication.
15. If you are sick, you can’t go out, but you can go to the pharmacy.
16. You can get restaurant food delivered to the house, which may have been prepared by people who didn’t wear masks or gloves. But you have to have your groceries decontaminated outside for 3 hours. Pizza too.
17. Every disturbing article or scaremongering interview must start with ” I don’t want to trigger panic, but…”
18. You can’t see your older mother or grandmother, but you can take a taxi and meet an older taxi driver.
19. You can walk around with a friend but not with your family if they don’t live under the same roof.
20. You are safe if you maintain the appropriate social distance, but you can’t go out with friends or strangers at the safe social distance.
21. The virus remains active on different surfaces for two hours, no, four, no, six, no, we didn’t say hours, maybe days? But it takes a damp environment. Oh no, not necessarily.
22. The virus stays in the air – well no, or yes, maybe, especially in a closed room, in one hour a sick person can infect ten, so if it falls, all our children were already infected at school before it was closed. But remember, if you stay at the recommended social distance, however in certain circumstances you should maintain a greater distance, which, studies show, the virus can sometimes travel, maybe.
23. We count the number of deaths but we don’t know how many people are infected as we have only tested so far those who were “almost dead” to find out if that’s what they will die of but for everyone who dies, death will be recorded as coronavirus related because nobody wants to trigger panoc but you have to be scared enough to follow the rules.
24. We have no treatment, except that there may be one that apparently is not dangerous unless you take too much (which is the case with ALL medications).
25. We should stay locked up until the virus disappears or until Bill Gates has
implanted a microchip in your body developed a vaccine, but it will only disappear if we achieve collective immunity, so when it circulates again we will have to stay locked up in out homes forever and Bill Gates’ microchip will report us to the authorities if we don’t